Together We Can Build Community Pride
Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair Program provides zero-interest loans for critical home repairs and home preservation repairs for financially qualified applicants. Homeowners are responsible for repaying the cost of repairs through affordable monthly payments. The success of this program is not only dependent on the families’ willingness to reach for a “hand up,” but on the community’s support!
“They worked on our home as if it were their own. It’s been a miracle on many levels.”
Joan, Home Repair Recipient
- View income guideline chart below
Note: Income requirements have recently changed in accordance with HUD guidelines and affiliate policy.
- Financial and structural need for interior and/or exterior home repair
- Ability to make an affordable monthly payment for repairs
- Willingness to partner with Habitat through sweat equity (you and your family helping with repairs and/or volunteering at the ReStore)
- Own and occupy your home for the next three years
- Must have homeowners insurance for repairs totaling more than $5,000
Please call the Habitat office at 605-348-9196 for more information about the application process.
Sami’s Bathroom Before
Sami’s Bathroom After