Homeowner Services Administrator
Simple, Decent, Affordable Homes
Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity builds simple, decent, affordable homes with families from our community to help them build a more stable environment where their family can grow and prosper. Habitat provides equal housing opportunities for all, and ensures fair and equal access to its programs and services regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law.
“Not charity but capital, not caseworkers but coworkers.”
In order to qualify, interested applicants must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- View Income Eligibility Chart below
- Your current living situation substandard in any of the following areas:
- Overcrowded (too many people for the number of bedrooms)
- Staying with friends or relatives (do not have housing)
- The presence of mold or toxic materials causing health issues
- Unsafe or lack of plumbing or electricity
Willingness to Partner:
- Each adult family member is required to complete 250 hours of sweat equity, which includes volunteering time on construction sites, in ReStore, and attending required financial and homeownership classes.
- Click here to learn about financial education classes available in our community
Ability to Pay an Affordable mortgage:
- Homes are priced at fair market value as established by an independent, third-party appraisal
- Monthly housing expenses (mortgage, real estate taxes, and homeowners insurance) will not exceed 30% of your gross income
“Before the program I wasn’t sure about hope or community. I didn’t think either existed. But today, I am certain without either, I would not be where I am today.“
– Qwauna, Habitat Homeowner since 2021
If you meet the above guidelines, please contact our office at (605) 348-9196 for more information on how to apply.
All information is confidential and used only for family selection.