Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity’s Home Preservation Program assists low-income homeowners with interior and exterior repairs and renovation that fit within their budget. Homeowners are responsible for repaying the material costs of their repairs, but labor is provided by volunteers free of charge. The success of this program is not only dependent of the families wiliness to reach for a “hand up,” but through the community’s support. Together we can build community pride!
- View income guideline chart.
- Willingness to partner with Habitat through sweat equity (you and your family helping with repairs).
- Ability to pay for home repairs.
- Inability to complete home repairs due to age, disability or circumstance.
- Own and occupy for the next three years a house that needs and would benefit from interior and/or exterior improvements.
- Have a current home insurance policy.
To learn more about the next open application window, please call the Habitat office at 605.348.9196.