Home Maintenance Classes
Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity offers a home maintenance class to it’s partner families free of charge, and for a nominal fee to the general public.
The 12 hour class consists of six 2-hour blocks in the following areas:
1. Walls: Locating studs, patching drywall, preparing & painting walls.
2. Plumbing: Shut-off valves, toilet/drain/faucet repairs.
3. Interior/Exterior Repairs & Maintenance: Cleaning/staining a deck, window screens, siding, caulking, replacing door knobs.
4. Appliance Maintenance & Home Safety: Water heater, sump pump, furnace filter, cleaning dryer vent, mold prevention, fire safety/extinguishers, smoke detectors.
5. Home Cleaning & Seasonal Chores: Cleaning products, laminate floors, calcium/lime build-up, cleaning gutters, lawn care.
If you are interested, these classes are offered 2-3 times per year. Please call our office at 348-9196 for the schedule and registration.