Construction Site Supervisor
Black Hills Area Habitat is joining other affiliates throughout the United States in the Veterans Build initiative. This program is designed to provide veterans in the Black Hills Area with access to quality affordable housing and the opportunity to engage and serve our community and their fellow veterans. We conduct Veteran Builds periodically to support veterans when they enter our program.
Currently seeking qualified Veteran Home Repair Applicants
Veterans interested in becoming homeowners are encouraged to attend one of our informational meetings.
Veterans interested in home repairs are encouraged to call 605-348-9196
Skill sets gained from military service are highly valued at Black Hills Area Habitat! Veterans are encouraged to volunteer in the following ways:
- On the construction site
- At one of our ReStore Outlet locations
- Serving on a committee
- Working in the office
- Providing meals for our construction crews
- At one of our events
VeteransPlus has joined in a national partnership with Habitat for Humanity. VeteransPlus offers veteran-to-veteran financial coaching. Veterans applying for a home create an account and can load their military and financial documents onto VeteransPlus’ highly secured network. They can participate in free financial coaching for up to a year, even if they do not qualify for a Habitat home. For more information on creating a VeteransPlus account with Habitat please contact our office.
Other Resources for Veterans:
- Is a veteran you know in danger of being homeless? If so, please contact VA’s National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET. You will reach a trained VA responder who can connect you with the resources VA offers through these and many other programs.
- Love Inc.: Life Inc. offers a variety of classes that focus on Parenting, Strengthening Families, Bridges to Freedom, Financial Freedom, Jobs for life, Best of Dave Ramsey, Nutrition on a budget, Christianity Explored, and Money 101.
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program: YRRP host a variety of events throughout the deployment cycle. There are events held for pre, during and post deployment and family members are strongly encouraged to come as well. Events focus on topics ranging from education and employment to mental health.
- Military One Source: Military One Source is a confidential Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve Component members, and their families. Information includes, but is not limited to, Money Management, Relationships, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, and much more.
- Military Connection: This is an online directory of resources and information featuring vital information on military education and benefits including the GI Bill, employment opportunities, the latest military job postings and more! For informational articles regarding PTSD – click here.