March 28, 2020 From the Director
March 18, 2020
To our valued community,
Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity is moving to take additional precautions in response to the increasing concern about COVID-19 and to help mitigate risk to our volunteers, the families we serve, our customers, donors and employees.
These precautions include:
- Completing additional sanitization activities throughout ReStore and our administrative offices during the business day including sanitizing frequently touched surfaces, (i.e . ink pens, tape measures, coffee station, cash wrap, door handles and shopping carts).
- Having disinfectant available at the entry of each store for customer use along with hand sanitizer at the cash registers.
- All volunteer activity will be suspended between March 17th and March 31st 2020. This includes ReStore, construction and office volunteers.
- At this time our office and ReStores will remain open for normal business hours until further notice.
- All Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity staff will stay home if they are feeling ill or are concerned that they have had exposure to the virus.
Consistent with guidance from the CDC, we are encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of respiratory disease by managing your own wellness, including staying home if you are not feeling well or believe you may be at risk, washing your hands frequently, coughing/sneezing into your elbow, and avoiding direct hand contact.
We work hard every day to make Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity a healthy and pleasurable place to do business and shop, and we will always do our best to serve and protect our community, so that everyone has a decent place to live.
Thank you for your support in making important health decisions. We will get through this season and look forward to great things to come!