Aimee is a single mother of two, doing her best to provide for her family. The physical environment in her home began to deteriorate due to age and extensive wear, and Aimee began to worry as her children started coughing more often. Mold was found in the floor and walls, but she didn’t know how to fix the problem*. In the fall of 2019, Aimee applied for the Home Repair program through Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity. Now that her repairs are complete, she feels more secure in their home, and her kids are healthier. This family is now safe and stable in their home.
*The institute of medicine links exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms such as coughing and wheezing in otherwise healthy people. https://www.cdc.gov/mold/