Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity builds simple, decent, affordable homes with families from our community to help them build a more stable environment where their family can grow and prosper.
In order to qualify, interested applicants must meet the following basic eligibility requirements.
- Is your household gross income less than $46,000 per year? (Gross is income amount before taxes)
- Do you have stable income that will allow you to pay the monthly mortgage payment?
- Payments are based on 25% of your gross income.
- Do your current living conditions include at least one of the following?
- Unsafe, unsanitary conditions (moldy, leaking roof, damp, poor insulation)
- Overcrowded (too many people for the number of bedrooms)
- You have no permanent housing, or you share with other families
Willingness to Partner:
- Are you willing to help build your home?
- Each adult family member is required to complete 250 hours of volunteer “sweat equity” time in order to complete the program. Sweat equity hours are completed through home construction, classroom instruction, assisting with events, and other opportunities as available.
- Have you been denied for a conventional home loan through a bank or lending institution?